PASG Projects were engaged to review the current quotes, obtain a third quote, and make recommendations to the Owner’s Committee on the infrastructure required and the best solution for meeting their needs.
PASG Projects Analysis and Scope of Project
PASG Projects implemented their thorough review process and identified the following issues:
- The two original quotes were significantly different for the scope of the contracted work to be completed. This was not a comparison of apples with apples.
- The Owner’s Committee had not fully understood the functionality and infrastructure requirements.
- The Owner’s Committee had not considered a fire engineering assessment.
PASG Projects were tasked with project managing the implementation of the electric vehicle charging stations for each carpark in the basement and upgrading the building’s infrastructure to safely deliver this service. PASG Projects undertook the following:
- A detailed review of the existing infrastructure.
- Identified the required upgrades and best solution for the load and billing management systems that would be appropriate for the building.
- Subsequently tendered these works, appointed a contractor and acted as superintendent throughout the installation.
Once we understood it was, we worked with different contractors to ensure this could be achieved. We identified two providers who could deliver the required services, but both were very expensive with installing the infrastructure.
Our approach was to split the project into two separate components:
- Load management and billing system
Click here to obtain a PDF copy of this case study.